A childhood memory!

When I was just in school age,I used to play this game with my neighbor friends and we called it " College,college"(lame game title, I know). And it was fun because we were  creating a short wishful version of our university.Funny how back in those time we wanted to grow up quickly.

The game was just kind of making up scenario and playing a part in that
We were walking like a proper lady would, carrying bunch of universities books. My friend part was, that she get bumped into a handsome guy, and thus her book would  fall down and both reach to pick up the fallen books and while doing so, they share a *first love*  eye lock. :P

My scenario was----, I was standing on automatic rolling carrier( just like in that cartoon, The Jetsons, where the main man was going to office by those carrier thing), and the path was from dorm to big  university campus. I was heading to this imaginary amazing big library where I borrow all those huge books and flash those "made up" membership card to imaginary librarian. And I head back to dorm room where my neighbor friends shared their  "eye lock" stories and I talked about my books that I borrowed.(Note: we chooses my double deck bed as our dorm room,hehe). Oh yes, there used to be this small pink wood that was a  stack on study table; and  I made that wood to be my own personal laptop. 

In reality? My university campus is hardly a campus and library is  small that it does not deserved to be called one. But some of that did come true, but it was short lived; at the Brac residental Savar semester. Even though I did not have blast in that semester, but I did enjoy having some time there. Specially having my own dorm room and walking to library and borrowing books, magazine, and reading them in my own dorm room. The only difference was that I did not have any roommate to talk about books and other stuffs and students there were so occupied with their romantic life and drama;  and I was annoyed how some students underestimate spending time with books.  I was desperate to move out from there.
Oh there was this time that I will never forget;I was selected to be librarian in a "work" day event. I was kinda surprised and happy; and I spend all day dusting and going through every section of the library. I will write  about this semester in another post. 

For those who does not know about this residental semester------

the university, that I am doing major, have an residential semester; where students have to spend three month away from home, and in Savar where it has campus, food court, dormitories ,etc. By spending three months there, we are supposed to form community, learn how to live alone, etc.

I wanted to have big library where I could spend time reading some amazing books;or have my own quality time writing diary in  a corner of the library room.  I guess what I wanted to say, having a library will be like a paradise to me. :)

Some of my favourite quotes:


"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
                                                        ---------Marcus Tullius Cicero


“I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.” 
                                                                                                               -                                           ----- H.P. Lovecraft

“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels about education.” 
                                                                                                                                                          ----- Harold Howe

“When I open them, most of the books have the smell of an earlier time leaking out between the pages - a special odor of the knowledge and emotions that for ages have been calmly resting between the covers. Breathing it in, I glance through a few pages before returning each book to its shelf.” 
                                                                                                                                          ---― Haruki MurakamiKafka on the Shore

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”  
                                                                                                                                            ---------― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

“Harry — I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!”
And she sprinted away, up the stairs.
What does she understand?” said Harry distractedly, still looking around, trying to tell where the voice had come from.
“Loads more than I do,” said Ron, shaking his head.
“But why’s she got to go to the library?”
“Because that’s what Hermione does,” said Ron, shrugging. “When in doubt, go to the library.” 
                                               -------- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean Skincare Edition : [MISSHA] All-around Safe Block Waterproof Sun Milk SPF50+ PA+++ Review

AC Cure Solution: Blue One - Dr.Ceuracle, Korean Skincare Review