Korean Skincare Edition : [MISSHA] All-around Safe Block Waterproof Sun Milk SPF50+ PA+++ Review

I am sorry that it taken me a long time to review this product. But I did it for a good reason. Before I can review any product,I always take a considerable time to check the product, the quality, long term impression and whether it is worth the money to invest. When it come to skincare, it take time to see its effect. it is no one shot result. But I am so glad to have bought this sunscreen.


Now that I have explained why I have taken a long time to review this, let move on to the product:  MISSHA All-around Safe Block Waterproof Sun Milk  SPF50+ PA+++. This is one of variation from MISSHA sun milk. The popular variations are  Soft Sun milk ,Essence Sun milk. The one I am using is Waterproof version.

Let talk about my skin type first. My skin used to be  super oily and dehydrated. But thanks to Korean skincare, it is now  combination-normal and still dehydrated. I still get oily around my nose, cheek , chin and forehead. But it is considerably with less oil(sebum) nowadays.

Initially I bought this waterproof version with this in my mind; my super oily skin and the weather: summer.


Here are the picture of how it look.









Since the ingredient/instruction are in Korean and I dont understand them; I took a look around internet for them in English. Here is what I found from missha website:

(Since the post about this product from the website is very long; I will write just main point. I suggest you to read them from  this link)

Recommended for :
- Those looking for superior waterproof sun protection that lasts and can withstand outdoor activities including water sports
- Those looking for a sun protection product that helps control oil
- Those looking for a sun protection product that isn't sticky or greasy

HOW TO USE


1. Use as the last step of your morning skin care regimen. Shake lightly before use. Smooth a pea-sized amount onto face, and lightly pat in to aid absorption
2. Can also be applied to the neck, arms, legs, and any other areas that require protection
3. Reapply often during periods of prolonged sun exposure

INGREDIENTS


Helichrysum Italicum Flower Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Methylene Bis-benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Isoamyl p-methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Alcohol Denat., PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Psidium Guajava Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Cinchona Succirubra Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Abronia Villosa Leaf Extract, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides


                                                                


                                           My View:



My quality list for sunscreen are of follow:
1)Does it contain enough sun protection?(Should Be high with 50 PA +++ )
2) Is it lightweight?(Should not feel heavy on face and should not clogged pores)
3) Does it cause allergic reaction?(should leave no burn or rash on face)
4)Does it leave whitecast?(Because makeup would be pretty much useless afterward, duh!)

The good news is it passed almost all of them.


1)Does it containsun protection?


Answer: YES!!!! It is marked with SPF50+ PA+++  which provide once of the highest skin protection.




Note:


UVB: causes sunburn.
UVA: 
 causes permanent aging of the skin and even increase risk of skin cancer
 So it is important to use sunscreen that protects from both UVA and UVB radiation.
To achieve maximum protection from both UVA and UVB, always look for such that contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.  Don’t forget to apply sunscreen at-least 15-20 minutes before going outside. And always apply sunscreen throughout the year. 
2) Is it lightweight?
Answer: The answer is ECHOING YES!!! It is so light and has thin texture. Just like its name, it has the consistency of milk and the color is white. 

3)Does it cause allergic reaction?

Well so far it has not cause any adverse reaction to my face. However, I feel it did cause some light burning sensation on my left cheekbone. At small area though. It is not everyday issue; someday it just happen. I think it has to do with ingredients reacting with other product that I am using. That cheek area is usually filled with little bump. Probably those little bump is sensitive to this product. Who knows?
From the ingredients , it look like it is physical sunscreen. Physical sunscreen is typically suggested for sensitive skin. But of course I am speaking for every sensitive skin person.

4) Does it leave a white-cast?

I am not sure how to answer to this. For the first few days I used this product, it did left a white cast;like greyish one which I absolutely hated.  Then after using couple of days , it no longer leave me a white-cast on my face. But, it does make my makeup look more.....whiter? Like when I use a yellow based foundation it eliminate the yellow looking skin. Which is kinda not a good thing because it does not go with rest of my skin color.  My makeup end up look bit strange. But it act as really good primer.

                                                          My experience

I would say it is definitely better product I have used. The best thing about it is the texture. It is not thick and It does not clogged my pores. It did not feel like I applied some thick sand on my face which usually happen with other sunscreen.

And also, my skin texture definitely got improved after using this. I did not get tan or new dark spot ever since I started using this. And my skin got more smooth and even toned.  I think it is due to high sun protection;my skin got room to breath and heal when it got this sunscreen to shield from harmful rays. Earlier my skin just could not heal due to not using any sunscreen products.

However, I dont think this version is  not like "you can use it all season around".  Unless you have water based activities, you are better off using other variation. When I first used it, it was beginning of summer. Light summer, I would say. My cheek area felt dry and constricted. No matter how moisturiser I used, my face still felt dry. But now that summer is really hot with high humidity, this,product is perfect. It really control my sweat and kept my face dry. Which is probably why it act as a good primer.


Overall I would say, it is really good product if you live in humid country or where there is lot of rain. It is good product for you if you have lot of outdoor activities or swimming.

I am really liking it for this summer. But it is bit bummer due to my issues with makeup I mentioned earlier. I will  definitely try other variation.

I give this 4/5.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AC Cure Solution: Blue One - Dr.Ceuracle, Korean Skincare Review